Shellie, a Waste Aware Officer from Midlothian Council, launched the Green Santa Toy Collection last Friday. The P1B and P5 Eco Committee are looking to reduce waste this festive season by collecting good quality, used toys, books, jigsaws and games. Green Santa will then deliver these to charity shops in Midlothian to be used by other children.
If you would like to donate any items, please ensure these are in school by 9am on Monday 4th December.
Items accepted are listed below:
- Soft toys/teddy’s – must have a CE tag attached
- Dolls (charity shops say they get a lot of requests for dolls)
- Doll houses
- Board games – must contain all the pieces / cards / dice. Please if possible seal the box with sticky tape.
- PlayStation, Xbox, Wii or Nintendo games and game cartridges
- Action figures/my little pony /trend dolls and figures
- Cars, trains, boats and aeroplanes (again these are always in demand)
- Jigsaws – must have sticker on to say they are complete. Please seal the box with sticky tape.
- Children’s books – must be in good condition
- Lego and building bricks
- Pre-school toys
- Tablets and games consoles
- Plastic Christmas decorations, baubles and tinsel
- Artificial Christmas trees – please boxed these or tie securely
- Jigsaws or games with pieces missing
- Dirty or damaged soft toys
- Broken toys
- Adult books
- Christmas tree lights
- Glass baubles and glass decorations
- Large outdoor toys – eg: bikes, paddling pools, large toys